Sunday, November 24, 2013

My blogging intentions...made public

My sweet boyfriend Hollis (www.holliseaster.com/blog/) is helping me to write this blog post because I am scared that the water is too cold and don't want to jump in.
I've been having a hard time getting into a blogging groove. I really want to share more of my thoughts here, but it's like I get blocked when I start thinking of what to actually write. I keep putting it off thinking that the Big Idea will eventually arrive, but then I feel guilty about postponing other work, and I move on to other tasks.

It's odd...either I can't think of anything to write about, so I don't write, or I think of ten different posts, and don't write any of them, because "you can't post ten things on your blog in one day."  Of course, there are ways around this.  If I binge-write, I'm sure I can schedule things to come out at different times. I think I'm just trying to come up with excuses to myself to not write, but I want to write. It feels good to share my ideas, but it's scary too!

So I'm setting myself a public challenge. It's Thanksgiving break this week, which means I won't have as many distractions. So: at some point before Thanksgiving (Thursday of this week) I will write a blog post and publish it, and it will be about at least one of the following:

  • Calculus class and photographing the whiteboards for comparison among groups
  • Math 9 and my continued frustrations, documenting my efforts
  • Legos for linear programming
  • The stations for simplifying radicals that I designed with Hollis
  • MTBoS challenge blog posts, even though they're late
  • Something else that feels relevant before Thursday
So, check back soon for my next post!

1 comment: